Terms and Conditions
- All eligible new donations made after launch date of May 22nd 2017 via one of the official donation channels will be eligible for prize draw entries according to the donations eligibility criteria above.
- The draw will be made at when 1,500 entries have been reached, or at 12 noon EST on August 31st 2017 provided we have reached a minimum of 1000 entries.
- If we have not reached 1,000 entries by 12 Noon EST on August 31st 2017, the draw will remain open until we reach 1,000.
- The prize must be taken within 12 months of the date of the draw.
- The prize
The grand prize will be.
- Two return economy flights from any major international airport to either Siem Reap, Cambodia or Cusco, Peru – location of Helping Hands’ sister project. The maximum value of the flights is £1,000 or US$1,300 per person (including all taxes and surcharges)
- Guided town tour and cultural induction with Globalteer staff
- A supervised visit for two to the Globalteer managed community project in either Cusco or Siem Reap
- NB Cost of visas, insurance, inoculations are not included.
- If the winner should be an expat who is resident in either Cambodia or Peru, the prize may be exchanged for two economy return flights to the winner’s home country (ie where they hold their passport). The maximum value of the flights will also be £1,000 or US$1,300per person (including all taxes and surcharges).
Second and third prizes TBC
NB there are NO cash alternatives.
- Flights awarded will be the best priced available flights within three days of the requested travel dates through our volunteer travel partner.
- Best priced flights may not be direct and may involve multiple changes.
- If best priced flights involve any scheduled layovers of more than 8 hours, the winner may choose an alternative airline or route, (provided the cost is below £1,000/$1,300 per person). If no suitable alternative flight is available, Picaflor House/Helping Hands will cover the cost of a transit hotel room on a twin or double share basis provided the total cost of flight + hotel does not exceed £1,000/$1300 per person.
- If the best priced flights are operated by airlines with a safety rating of less than 6/7 (airline ratings.com) the winner may choose an alternative airline or route, provided the cost is below £1,000/$1,300 per person).
- If the best priced flights are operated by airlines with a service rating of less than 3 stars (Skytrax) the winner may choose an alternative airline or route, provided the cost is below £1,000/$1,300 per person).
- Additional costs
- Flight upgrades are not permitted
- If the cost of flights to the winner’s preferred destination exceeds the maximum price limit, we will consider paying toward the cost of flights up the maximum price limit. Reimbursement will be on receipt of the winner’s flight invoice and boarding pass.
- Eligibility – donations
- The minimum required donation to enter the draw is £15 or equivalent – (see table below).
- A cap of 1,000 is set on the number of entries.
- Number of entries per person increases with increased donations. So, a donation of £30 or US$40 will receive two entries, £150 would receive ten entries etc.
- For new monthly donors, the number of entries will be double the monthly donation. So, a monthly donation of £7.50 or US$10 would receive one free entry. £15 a month would receive two entries, a monthly donation of £30 would receive four entries and so on.
- Please note that existing monthly donations are not eligible for the draw. Restricted donations [ie those for a specific purchase] are not eligible for the draw.Donation required for a single entry
Eligibility – other
- Prize draw is open to over 18s only, excluding employees of Picaflor House, Helping Hands and Globalteer. Employees of Picaflor House, Helping Hands or Globalteer are permitted to accompany the winner if invited.
- An under 18 may travel with the winner provided they are a legal guardian and over 18.
- The prize must be taken within 12 months of the draw date
- The prize will be booked by Picaflor House/Helping Hands using our UK- based travel partner.
- Official donation channels
- Online – general donations during the campaign period through Paypal (via Globalteer) for Picaflor House, Helping Hands or the combined dedicated Mega raffle channel. NB donations through the combined dedicated mega raffle page will be split 50/50 between Picaflor House and Helping Hands.
- Online – general donations during the campaign period through Global Giving for Picaflor House or Helping Hands.
- Online – through any fundraising pages on Global Giving for fund raising events for Picaflor House or Helping Hands or for joint fund raising events during the campaign period. NB for joint fund raising events donations will be split 50/50 between Picaflor House and Helping Hands.
- Online – through any fundraising pages on Virgin Money Giving for fund raising events for Picaflor House or Helping Hands or for joint fund raising events during the campaign period. NB for joint fund raising events donations will be split 50/50 between Picaflor House and Helping Hands.
- Cash – requiring full donor details for Giftaid claims
- Cheques – requiring full donor details for GiftAid claims
- Direct Bank transfer (through Globalteer)
The winner and runners up will be drawn by electronic random number selection. The winner of the grand prize will be the first name selected and the runners up will be the second and third names selected.
By entering the prize draw you agree to allowing Picaflor House and parent charity Globalteer to feature your name and image in promotional items on websites, Facebook pages and any other print or electronic media both prior to, during and after your trip.